Friday, March 28, 2008

Five Peanut M&M's...

So day 3 into Making the Cut, and I've already broken the eating portion of the diet. Now going into this I knew I had no self control when it comes to eating, drinking, going out... basically I have no self control.

Example1: Never Knowing When Enough is Enough:

When first moving to the city, I was temping as a receptionist at this law firm. Right around Halloween, the company decided to put a pumpkin full of candy on my desk to share with the rest of the office and the clients coming in. BIG MISTAKE! Now any normal person would have had self control and maybe eaten one or two pieces of candy a day MAX... not me! I would throw back a fun size snickers, peanut m&m's, and a babyruth in just one sitting. Now you may say oh 3 pieces a day, that's not that bad... well my friends, I would do this about 5 times a day, averaging 15 pieces of fun size candy, and let me tell you nothing was fun size about me after a few days of this. I say a few days because on day 4 the pumpkin was removed from my desk because Fred, the office manager, told me he couldn't keep refilling the pumpkin for my personal pleasure. I hated Fred at the time, but I thank him now... Does anyone really need 15 pieces of candy a day?!?!?

Example 2: Loosing All Inhibitions

I was on a very important conference call. I was supposed to be taking notes and answering various questions of the client... however, I had a chocolate peanut butter cookie from Specialties in my hand.

For those of you who don't live in San Francisco, Specialties has the best cookies in the WORLD. And yes I can make that statement because I am a cookie connoisseur. People from all around the world come to me for cookie advice... they know not to share though because I will not give a cookie back once it has been placed in my hand [process: cookie to the hand, to the mouth, to the tummy... mmmm coookiess].

So, as the meeting was progressing, more questions where being asked, and my face was all over this cookie. Now this is where it all gets a little fuzzy. At some point between manhandling my chocolate peanut butter cookie and smearing it all over my face, I blackedout. I came out of my blackout licking the chocolate off the tips of my fingers, and to someone on the phone saying my name repeatedly, and sounding VERY annoyed, "JUNE! June! Are you there?!?!? JUNE?" I finally came to it and said "Yes, I'm here, I'm sorry I had another call..." The rest of the conversation went as follows:

Very Important Person: "Well can you take care of that?"
Fat Kid: "uhh...Yes, of course I can."
VIP: "When will you be able to start?"
FK: "Ummm, whenever you'd like."
VIP: "Excellent! I'll have the papers messengered to you today!"
FK: ".... and I'll sign for them!"
VIP: "Uh, sure... Moving on!"

Clearly I had no clue what to do. Papers? What would I be using these papers for? Messengered today? These must be VERY important papers, why are they sending them to me? For the next 10 minutes I tried to think of what these papers could possibly be. Didn't figure it out, and had to let my boss know that I didn't hear what the VIP said... and let me tell you he was THRILLED! I mean and why wouldn't he be, who wants their main connection to the meeting to pay attention, weird!

Hopefully those two examples have given you a little insight to my self control level, ZERO.

With all this said and done, I'm going to get into the details of Day 3 of Making the Cut. It started out as a normal day, as you will see in my Daily Food report, however at around 7pm it turned for the worst. I "H" the "B" and ate some amazing Pad Thai with fried tofu. Now reading the above paragraphs, you know I didn't stop here. I also ate a bag of peanut butter m&m's, five sour patch kids and seven Pringles. Why I needed snacks after, and entire entree is beyond me, but I guess I just wasn't satisfied.

Now really this wouldn't be that bad if:
a.) I wasn't on the Making the Cut diet
b.) Had attended track practice (yes I go to track practice, and I am no longer in school)
c.) Done a Making the Cut workout
d.) or Just had a medium level workout

As I'm sure it isn't a surprise to most, I choose e.) None of the above. I ate what I wanted for dinner and dessert, and prior to this I had only walked 2 mi. (I had to rest from running due to a foot injury...3 days off running & ice.) After I stuffed my face with the thai food, m&m's, and pringles, I walked another 1.5 mi. hoping that would maybe burn .00056% of the calories I just ate. Who knows if it did, but I am back today ladies and gents MAKING THE CUT! So enjoy a laugh the Daily Food and Workout for yesterday, but today I will be coming back STRONG!!! Lars... I'm stronger than you AND specialties!!

DAILY FOOD:
Breakfast
1/2 cup of low fat cottage cheese
2 slices of pineapple

Lunch
1 fake chicken wrap
(98% fat free/ whole wheat wrap w/ red pepper hummus, 1/4 cup Morningstar chik'n strips, 1/2 tablespoons of fat free jalapeno cheese, avocado, lettuce and tomato)

Snack
1 red apple
1/2 tablespoon of all natural peanut butter

Dinner
1/2 serving
of Pad Thai
1 bag of Peanut M&M's
5 Sour Patch Kids
7 Pringles

WORKOUT:
3.5 mi. walk (including hills & speed walking)

No comments: